Wednesday, June 12, 2019

"The only answer to the mystery of death would be for someone to break the death barrier. Someone must pierce the mystery from within and when that Death was preceded by poverty, hunger, thirst, hatred, miscarriage of justice, intellectual barbarisms, and scourging, and the seeming abandonment of heaven, then I know that nothing that happens to me or anyone else can be worse and that it is eventually to be swallowed up in joy and peace. Christ answers, "Can you not see that everything that touched you first touched me. I am in the midst of your sorrows; your tears run down my cheeks; your thirst is but an echo of my parched cry of the Cross. I died the very death that I conquered." Archbishop Fulton Sheen (Footprints in a Darkened Forest)

No comments:

Post a Comment