Sunday, March 26, 2017

"The soul that the Lord places in such a state and enriches with such heavenly experiences should be more loquacious. But no, my soul has become almost mute. I do not know if this phenomenon is happening only to me. I succeed in expressing-in rather generic terms and more often without making much sense-only a very small part of what my soul's Bridegroom is doing.
Believe me, my father, my inability to do so is not a light torment for my soul. What happens to me could be compared to the experience of a poor shepherd boy who is brought into a royal exhibition room full of precious objects that are 'out of this world' and that he has never seen before. After leaving that room, the boy would certainly have in his mind all those precious and beautiful objects, but he certainly would not know the exact number of them or what names to call them. He would want to tell others about everything he saw and would marshal his intellectual and analytical strength to describe them. Then, seeing that all has attempts would not succeed in making himself understood, he prefers to keep silent."
-St. Pio of Pietrelcina

No comments:

Post a Comment