Monday, March 27, 2017

"It seems that God has poured out into the depths of my heart many graces of compassion for the misery of others, especially for the needy and the poor. The intense compassion that I feel when I see a poor person ignites a vehement desire in my heart to help him. if it were up to me alone, I would rush to take off my clothes in order to clothe that needy man.
If I know that some man is afflicted, whether in body or in soul, what would I not do in the Lord to see him set free of his troubles? I would willingly take on all his afflictions in order to see him spared, offering the fruit of my suffering on his behalf, if the Lord allowed me to do that....
I see full well that this is a very special favor from God, because, before this, although through his divine mercy I never overlooked helping the needy, I had very little or no pity for their troubles."  -St. Pio of Pietrelcina

No comments:

Post a Comment