Friday, September 23, 2016

“If the choice of a state of life,” she frequently said to herself, “depends upon God’s will, how anxious I ought to be to find, and to enter that state which has been allotted to me from all eternity in His inscrutable counsels. God has decreed to lead me to salvation by one only way among the many. Although His merciful will has pre pared many ways for the consummation of His elect, He has pointed out but one, to mistake which would be fatal. Besides, the sacrifice which God requires from me is another proof of His infinite goodness, which leads me to desire to make it. When He speaks to my heart about the fulfilment of His will, He shows that He wishes to save me. I will adore Him for ever and wait in the hope of my Lord, till He has given me the means of executing His inspirations.” St. Agnes of Montepulciano  (“The Lives of St. Catherine of Ricci, of the Third Order of St. Dominick: St. Agnes of Montepulciano; B. Benvenuta of Boja; and B. Catherine of Raconigi, of the Order of St. Dominick” edited by [Fr. Faber?], pub. 1852, pg. 181)

No comments:

Post a Comment