Thursday, August 18, 2016

Our Lady of the Pillar to St. James the Greater: “Build me a Church in this place,” said Our Lady, “I know that this part of Spain will be particularly devout to me, and from this moment I take it under my patronage.” (Cited in “Church of Our Lady of Esperanza” by THE REV. CRESCENT ARMANET, A.A.; Permissu Superiorum, NIHIL OBSTAT: ARTHUR SCANLAN, S.T.D. Censor Librorum., Imprimatur: +PATRICK J. HAYES, D.D. Archbishop of New York; New York, May 14, 1921, pg. 137) [There is a well established tradition that Our Lady while still living bilocated to St. James while he was evangelizing in Spain to encourage him in his endeavors there. St. James was martyred in Spain after establishing the Catholic religion there in circa 40-44A.D., approved by many papal bulls and most notably by Pope Calixtus III, and Pope St. Pius X., this is considered the first Marian apparition of sorts.]

No comments:

Post a Comment