Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pope Urban VIII requires a “Protest of the Author” to be published at the beginning of any and every book published which contains any kind of private revelation, unconfirmed miracle, etc. in the following words: “In obedience to the decrees of Urban VIII. of holy memory, I protest that I do not intend to attribute any other than purely human authority to all the miracles, revelations, graces and incidents contained in this book; neither to the titles holy or blessed applied to the servants of God not yet canonized, except in cases where these have been confirmed by the Holy Roman Catholic Church and by the Holy Apostolic See, of whom I profess myself an obedient son ; and, therefore, to their judgment I submit myself and whatever I have written in this book.”

No comments:

Post a Comment